"Change is the law of life: those who look only to the past or the present will certainly miss the future". JF Kennedy
Consumer choices and expectations will change very rapidly with the advancement of technological advances, often forcing companies to adopt a strategy of continuous adaptation to new generations and new trends. Here are 15 forecasts on future shopping experiences that I have collected and formulated through the analysis of data and reports from companies and study centers:
1. Within the 2014 the cloud will replace the PC as the center of our digital lives
2. By mid-2014 70% of every business will use the social network as part of its customer service.
3. Within the 2015 the global number of smartphones will reach 2 billion
4. Companies will spend around 850 million euros in adapting their sales processes to the mobile network. The figure will triple in 2015 and will continue to rise the following year.
5. Within the 2015 the marketing budget that will be allocated to increase the bond of loyalty and satisfaction between the company and customers will be doubled.
6. Within the 2015 the production of content from corporate sources will drop below 20%. Consumers will achieve much more space and weight in the production of the content that the company will deliver.
7. Within the 2015 In the USA The number of users who will use mobile social networks (on the type of whatsapp) will rise from 60% to 80%
8. Within the 2015 users who access the web via mobile network will overtake those who access it via wireless network.
9. Within the 2016 more than half of the money spent on sales and purchases in the USA will go through the web
10. The worldwide spending figure for mobile B2C (business-to-consumer) e-commerce will grow by the end of 2016 up to 6 times the size it had in 2011 (and will amount to around 200 billion euros)
11. Within the 2016 searches through mobile will exceed 30 billion searches through desktop PCs
12. The users of social networks in the world are around 1.8 billion. Within the 2017 will be 2.6 billion.
13. 2020 consumers they will be more informed and demanding than the shopping experience: they will expect companies to receive individual services and products. For example, communication companies will have to develop "tailor made" packages tailored to the personal requirements of each and no longer standard packages.
14. Within the 2020 there will be 15 billion digital devices connected to the network.
15. Within the 2020, the shopping experience will exceed the price and quality of the product as the key to choosing one brand or another.