The introduction of the Metaverse (in the dreams of many companies with Meta in mind) will bring significant news also in the world of work: the method of meeting through business meetings in virtual reality is about to be definitively cleared.
To test the waters, Microsoft has implemented a very indicative survey. From the recent report Work Trend Index, it seems that most workers are open to doing at least some of their work in the metaverse.
About 52% of the workers "is open to the use of digital immersive spaces in the metaverse for meetings or group activities as early as next year". The remaining employees (47-48%) do not agree to show up at meetings with their digital avatars. Take a look at this brochure (in English).
The innovation of the Metaverse
It is almost pleonastic to point out that the enthusiasm for this new introduction comes above all from younger workers. With reference to the previous statistic, 51% of Gen Z and 48% of millennial workers they are interested in using the metaverse for business meetings.
In reverse, only 27% of Baby Boomers is ready to welcome the news with enthusiasm.
And now we come to the "pockets of resistance": 16% of workers he is not attracted in the least from the metaverse, e approximately 13% not even sure what it is.
Considering how relatively "young" the idea is, it is surprising to find out how many people are open to the idea of using it, especially in the workplace to hold meetings and meetings (that are already taking their first steps).
Nice to meeting you: it can work
While we wait for a more widespread and reassuring distribution of this technology to contribute to its diffusion, let's think about it. The metaverse has the potential to resolve growing conflicts in remote work. The digital universe could please both managers who want to stay in touch with their team and employees who want to work from home.
The potential of this new world is yet to be discovered, but it is no secret that the idea will bring about a significant change.
For now, we just have to wait for the first official news and find out what will happen. Some companies still seem reluctant to take advantage of virtual meetings, but employee opinion could change that.